School dinners at St. Francis no longer need to be pre-ordered.
Meals for all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children are free. Meals for Years 3, 4, 5, and 6 have to be paid for at the beginning of each week by placing the money in an envelope which is available from the reception area.
Drinks are no longer available to purchase, but water is available. The meals are a set menu every day. Here is our current menu:
- Dinner Menu - 26 Feb to 29 Mar 2018 (pdf)
Good nutrition is not only essential for your child's growth and development but is also important to keep them adequately fuelled for the long school day.
Don’t forget that a school lunch is one of your child's three meals a day, so it's important to ensure that they are getting nutritionally balanced lunches and snacks.
Dos and Don'ts of Lunch Boxes
- Do get the kids involved.
- Do try new foods.
- Do shake things up – variety is the key!
- Do tailor lunches to the time of year.
- Do make it look appetising.
- Do be prepared and organised.
- Don't leave it to the last minute.
- Don't keep repeating the same lunches.
- Don't forget about portion size.
- Don't forget about hydration.
- Don't forget about breakfast.
- Tuna and sweetcorn, spinach leaves and mayonnaise.
- Chicken, mixed salad and tomato relish.
- Turkey, grated cheddar and tomato.
- Pesto pasta salad with chicken and peppers.
- Brown rice salad with sliced hardboiled egg, avocado and spring onion.
- Carrot and red pepper sticks.
- Cubed cheddar cheese with grapes.
- Fruit salad.
- Mini box of raisins.
- 2-3 dried apricots.
All children who are in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (Key Stage 1) are entitled to a free school meal irrespective of parental circumstances. This means that if you have a child in these years they may have a hot meal. The government tell us that this will save a parent £400 per year.
Children in Years 3 to 6 (Key Stage 2) have to pay for meals unless you are entitled to Free School Meals.
Find out if you are eligible by reading the document below or visiting the Walsall Council's FSM web page:
If you are entitled to free meals, you can either apply online at the web page above, or by completing the form below: