Message from the Head Teacher
Welcome to St Francis Catholic Primary school website.
We are a happy and friendly school where staff, parents, governors and children work well together so that pupils can make good progress and learn to love learning.
We aim to develop each child’s potential through the provision of high quality teaching within a safe and secure learning environment.
Our mission is to:
- provide an excellent education, within a loving, caring community, based on the life and teachings of Christ and traditions of the Church;
- ensure that each individual, as a reflection of Christ, is enabled to reach his or her full potential;
- help children to look to Our Lord for guidance and direction in their lives;
- ensure that the Christian Gospel message supports and sustains everything that happens in the school;
- ensure that the Catholic Christian faith, which is taught explicitly in the classroom, can take root in the hearts and minds of all our children.
In harmony with this, the School Council (pupil group) has agreed that…
“We aim to grow a school environment that is richly stimulating, where we feel safe and respected. We aim to put in place the building blocks that allow all pupils to reach their full potential. We value differences, where everyone’s opinion counts, and life-long learners are made. We are hard workers and try our best to learn the ways of the Lord.
Also, we aim to extend the solid partnerships that exist between the school, the parents/carers, the community, and others. We always put children’s needs first.”
Throughout the school, policies and procedures are in place that promote the physical, spiritual, social and moral development of our children, whilst constantly maintaining our focus on the achievement of high academic standards.
I feel privileged to take forward a Church school that has such a dedicated staff working together with active, supportive parents and governors, all committed to supporting our children to be the best that they can be.
Dr Helen Rudeforth
Acting Head Teacher