Welcome to Year 1!
In Year 1, children help us to build a vibrant and stimulating classroom through their art work and writing, making it the ideal creative hub for our learning.
We spend time in the Autumn Term continuing the play-based learning that goes on in Reception and move towards a more structured curriculum as the year progresses.
We continue with Phonics programmes used in EYFS to help children to become confident, capable readers. We also make use of our reading corner and story time to encourage children to foster a lifelong love of reading.
We work as a team, challenge each other and smile while we’re learning.
Find out more about our learning in our Curriculum Overviews (the latest overviews are at the top):
- Overview: Autumn 2 - How and why do things change?
- Overview: Autumn 1 - Where do we see God in the world?
- Overview: Summer 2 - How do we interact with God's world?
- Overview: Summer 1 - Why are memories important?
- Overview: Spring 2 - How are we called to explore God's creation?
- Overview: Spring 1 - How are we a family of God?
Completing a mission statement jigsaw.
Making a recycling poster in ICT.
Learning greater and less than in a practical maths lesson.
Writing CVC words in phonics.